Monday, July 16, 2012

Semi Finalist In A Poetry Contest!


This afternoon I received notification via "snail mail" that I am a semi-finalist in a poetry contest sponsored by World Poetry Movement!

My poem "Ode To The Dragon Slayer" (inspired by a friend Coach Benjamin Wade of Survivor - CBS television show seasons 18,20 and 23) was selected by their committee as a semi-finalist in running to win a pretty large cash prize should it win. Plus they sent me a release form to sign as they also want to publish it. They stated I have a "unique talent" and that the poem is a "great poem"!

I am very stunned and amazed that out of thousands of entries that my entry was considered. I have never been published by anyone other than myself so this is a first! To view and if you would please "like" this entry (pretty please) the link is http://poets.com/brenda-porter/ode-to-the-dragon-slayer please let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Recent Most Read Posts

Search This Blog

Loading...

Holly Rocks by Rob Beasley of Survivor Seasons Fan Page on Facebook

My Reading List